Sunday, January 6, 2013

Oh, city living.

Yesterday on my way to for my run, I carried out some garbage with my roommate.  (We had a lot).  As I was putting the bag inside the garbage can, I saw a dead rat inside our garbage can.  I had reached my target  rate before I even started running. It was terrible.  I hate rats. It is hands down the worst part about Chicago, yes way worse than parking!!

I went to Fleet Feet and bought a new pair of Newton running shoes so I have to let my body get used to midfoot striking, so I am slowly building up my miles. I paid $4 for my shoes thanks to gift cards from my students and aide! They are best.  Saturday, I am running the Polar Dash 5K, so I better get used to the new stride quickly.  


Anyways, I ran 2 miles in 21:05, which is the fastest I have run in awhile. After one mile of my run, Chicago decided to have a mini blizzard.  The wind was whipping, and snow started falling all over.  I thought my face was going to fall off because I was soooo very cold.  Good news, it didn't.  I think I ran faster so I could be done sooner.  

Training for the week 12/30

12/31- 3 miles
1/1- 1.5 miles (First day in new shoes!)
1/5- 2 miles

Total: 6.5  

No comments:

Post a Comment